Final Meeting of COST Action ES 0802 in Mallorca
Presentations of the final WG meetings of COST Action ES 0802. The members of the WGs discussed progress and status with respect to the MoU of COST Action ES 0802.
- Presentation of the WG 1 deliverables, scientific work plan and WG 1 report (Burkhard Wrenger).
- Presentation of the WG 2 deliverables, scientific work plan and WG 2 report (Jens Bange).
- Presentation of the WG 3 deliverables, scientific work plan and WG 3 report (Joan Cuxart).
- Presentation of the WG 4 deliverables, scientific work plan and WG 4 report (Rune Storvold).
Presentations of the first ISARRA meeting
Session 1: RPAS airframes and avionics
- A novel solar RPAS QuadTiltrotor for environmental surveillance. L. Stefanutti, A. Casazza, G. Soria, G. Gecchi, L. Manfriani.
- HBMini: A new data acquisition sensor- and autopilot system for atmospheric research and its application on different aircraft. H.Warmers, O. Riesener, C. Niemann, P. Galke, H. Fischer.
- UAVs for meteorological survey: compromise between engineering, legislation and a wide range of mission profiles. N. Constantin, D. Rosu
- Introducing More Crew Members of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle: The AutoTechnican. Burkhard Wrenger
- The CryoWing unmanned aerial system for scientific measurements. S. Solbo, R. Storvold.
- Realtime 3D visualization of UAV missions. D. Stodle, R. Storvold.
- Transforming a Remote Control (RC) Airplane into an Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) dedicated for Research Applications. C. Keleshis, S. Ioannou, M. Argyrides, M. Lange.
- UAV-Platform UMARS 2 for Environmental Research. H. Hesselbarth
- Integrating a RPA platform, based on Commercial Components. T. Houge, J. Sveen, M. Gausa.
- Design and instrumentation of a remotely piloted small aircraft for Earth observation. U. Putze.
- An Unmanned Aerial System Facility at the Cyprus Institute: Current Status and Perspectives. M. A. Lange, M. Argyrides, S. Ionnou, C. Keleshis.
- Development of a Hungarian Meteorological UAV system: on board sensors, flight planning and the results of the first test flights. Z. Istenes, Z. Bottyan, A. Z. Gyonyosi, T. Weidinger, M. Balczo, Z. Szabo.
Session 2: RPAS sensors and instruments
- First Comparative Results of the Meteorological UAV System MASC. N. Wildmann, D. Martinez, J. Bange.
- Test and application of a turbulent flow measurement system for the RPAS SUMO. J. Reuder, L. Baserud, M. Jonassen.
- Smal cloud sensor for airborne platforms. K. Nicoll, G. Harrison.
- Comparison of sensors for the measurement of temperature with (small) UAV/RPA. N. Wildmann, J. Bange.
- Compact Cloud Probes for Remotely Piloted Air Systems. D. Baumgardner, M. Freer. G. Kok, M. Gallagher.
- Current State of wind-vector measurements with 5-hole probes aboard the research UAVs of the University of Tübingen. A. Platis, N. Wildmann, S. Ravi, J. Bange.
- Onboard Data Acquisition Systems for RPAs - A Review. B. Wrenger, J. Dünnermann, M. Müller, M. A. Lange, C. Keleshis, S. Ioannou.
Session 3:Atmospheric measurements with RPAS
- Investigation of Aerosol Variability with RPA. A. Lampert, G. Lohmann, A. Scholtz, M. Hermann, B. Wehner, A. Platis, J. Bange.
- UAV Observations of the Boundary Layer over an Antarctic Polynya. J. J. Cassano, S. L. Knuth.
- Verification of a high-resolution mesoscale simulation over the Reuss Valley (Switzerland) using airborne generated data. M. A. Jiminez, C. Cuxart, W. Eugster, B. Neininger, J. Stieger.
- Sensible heat flux measurements using RPAS. S. Martin, G. Lohmann, J. Bange, F. Beyrich.
- Measurements of Cloud and Radiative Properties Using Remotely Controlled Instruments on the Scaled Composites Proteus Aircraft in the Arctic ad Tropics. G. M. McFarquhar, R. F. McCoy.
- Study of the topographically induced flows over a large valley with airborn meaurements from a meteorological RPA. D. Martinez, J. Cuxart, D. Gomila.
- Arctic Global Hawk Observations During WISPAR. G. de Boer, J. Intrieri , M. Shupe, J. Spackman, J. Wang, G. Wick, R. Hoo.
- Dynamic and thermodynamic studies of the Earth's planetary boundary layer using small unmanned aerial systems. P. Chilson, T. Bonin, P. Klein. B. Zielke.
- Sampling the establishment of the nocturnal inversion in the evening transition with a multicopter. J. Dünnermann, J. Cuxart, B. Wrenger, J. L. Palau.
- An investigation of the Ora del Garda wind in the Alps by means of kriging of airborne and surface measurements, and numerical modeling. L. Laiti, D. Zardi, M. Franceschi, G. Rampanelli.
- Observation of the South Iceland wake using RPAS. M. O. Jonasson, H. Olafsson, H. Agustsson, O. Rögnvaldsson, J. Reuder
- Two scales of the thermodynamics and turbulence measured by manned and unmanned platforms in a wide valley. B. Neininger, T. Matti.
- Sampling small scale surface temperature heterogeneities with small RPAS. J. Cuxart, J. Dünnermann, B. Wrenger, J. Reuder, M.O. Jonassen, D. Martinez, M. Lothon.
Session 4: Workshop on best practises and regulations
- Satellite enabling in non-segregated airspace of UAS in Europe. D.-R. Schmitt, H. Hesseling, F. Morlang.
- Maximising scientific return by combining manned and unmanned airborne atmospheric measurements. G. Gratton, G. Nott, M. Gascoyne.
- Coordination of manned and unmanned flight operations during the BLLAST campaign. J. Reuder, M. Lothon.
- INTA: new Projects for the Development of UAS and Airborne Research. A. Corrales and N. Seoane.
- Operation of the Cruiser 2 RPA on Andoya Airport (ENAN). J. Sveen, T. Houge, M. Gausa.
- Round table on regulations and strategies.
- Aerial Sonic Anemometry - Preliminary Results. F. Marques, L. M. Ribeiro, V. Meles.
- Multicopter RPAS for Water Stress Detection in wineyards. X. Gago, S. Martorell, M. Tomás, B. Millán, J. Ramon, M. Ruiz, R. Sanchez, J. Tardáguila, J. Galmés, M. Conesa, P. Escalona, J. Cuxart, M. Ribas-Carbo, J. Flexas, H. Medrano.